Normal Humans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Humans

Post  Lawpiecla1 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:55 pm

Normal Humans... We all start the game as one, do a few of the quests as one, maybe a few RPs if a cool idea comes to mind, or the opportunity presents itself quite noticeably. But no one, absolutely no one ever stays as one, if they can help it. Why? They're the only race that has the freedom to die, and continue playing as a different race. They don't have a preset role in the game, aside from being the starting point and stepping stone to the other races. And for that matter, it's just about the only use we ever have for being one. However, truthfully, if you wanted, you could create a human, and RP as just about anything within the human limit, which covers a lot. Doctor, Dentist, Police Officer, Detective, Politician, Lawyer, Priest, the Leader of some secret society, and on and on. Honestly, you could probably fit into just about any imaginable role as a human, if not for a few reasons.

For one, humans lack something EVERY OTHER RACE has. And that would be a hierarchy system. In the Soul Society, you have the Captain Commander, the Senior Captains, the Captains, the Lieutenants, the Seated Officers, the Unseated Shinigami, the Shinigami Trainees, and the normal Souls. In Hueco Mundo, there's the Aizen Figure, the Espada Commanders, the Espada, the Fraccion, the Numeros Arrancar, the Menos Class Hollows, and the Normal Hollows. With the other races, there are similar systems. Urahara, Kidoless, Inoues & Sados. Shinji Figure, Vaizards. However, normal Humans have no such system, giving members of them no sense of direction, no unity. This is a strong discouraging factor to staying as a normal human. But it is only one of the factors.

Another reason people don't generally stay as a Normal Human would be power. Every other race has a large advantage over Normal Humans, on account of the ability to control spiritual energy, giving them both a physical advantage, and a huge spiritual one. Humans have less strength than a quincy, less spiritual control than a hollow, and less range than a shinigami. Every race has countless advantages over them, and no exploitable weaknesses. A few changes could fix these disadvantages the Normal Humans have against the other races.

To begin with, you could form a council, consisting of an even number of players. These players would decide on IC laws for the human races. The laws wouldn't be binding, and could be broken, but the set penalty would then be exacted against the lawbreaker. There could also be a spiritual leader of srts, in the form of a priest. They would have abilities that would make them capable of standing up to even the Major Figures. Note, there is a a major difference between standing up against, and having a good chance of winning. They would basically be the Major Figure for the Normal Humans, albeit, unless decided otherwise, I doubt they would get any boost. Now, this Priest would also have an honorary seat on the council. He would be called in for a particularly important vote, or as a tie-breaker.

As for the power problem, there is a solution. Starting at RP level 10, Normal Humans would start reacting to the existance of Spiritual Beings, their bodies adjusting to be able to defend themself against the Spiritual Beings. This would manifest in an increase of strength against them, to the equivalent of their own RP levels -5. This would not apply against other Normal Humans, as they aren't Spiritual Beings. As Normal Humans gain more strength, their own bodies become more used to this power, letting them fight with more of their full strength. At RP level 15, it becomes -4, and at RP level 20, it becomes -3. The Priest has completely attuned himself to the power, able to fight with no penalties to his RP level. If ICly, the Priest is skillful enough, or in other words, OOCly approved for it, then they can increase their own power against Spiritual Beings, and fight with a o+5 to their RP level. This would apply only to Spiritual Beings, their RP level remaining the same against Normal Humans.

Those ideas could make being a Normal Human a far better choice than it would previously have been. But I have one final idea, to make it harder for people to just loldie with no questions asked. Each person could be given an IC job, a role in society in the game. This would mean that if you were a brown shoe salesman, your death would be noted by at least one person at first, affecting them ICly. Whoever happens to have a job as a newspaper writer. Through them, your death would be noted by the entire game, affecting them, and a high rate of deaths to become other races could very well cause some IC panic, and make for a rather good conversation starter.

With my ideas, being a Normal Human would be a bearable, if not enjoyable experience. It would also potentially allow more RP among ALL the human races. If more people stay Humans, more people interact with the Human Races, making for stronger, more skilled Kidouless, Inoues, Sados, Vaizards, and Quincies. This could be beneficial to every race in the game, and for the roleplay in general, if it were to be enacted, even partially. I bid you all farewell, etc, etc, blah blah blah, yadayadayada, bye-bye.

Lawpiecla1
Bleach Odyssey Player
Bleach Odyssey Player

Race : Shinigami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Normal Humans

Post  LetsPlayBOR on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Hah with what would humans fight against 'Hollows' for example, bare-hands and sticks >Very Happy? Fullbringers are also humans and they are not very powerful, having the chance to RP as a normal human with extra-ordinary powers, there is no need to get things complicated and create new 'figure-type' beings.

Custom Fullbrings and a 'large human organization- society' which would deal with spiritual beings.
NB that organization would be wide, but still un-matched in power against Soul Society or Hueco Mundo for example.
LetsPlayBOR
Bleach Odyssey Player
Bleach Odyssey Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawpiecla1 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:50 am

1 - Its only an idea.
2 - That was basically saying my idea in its simplest form. :\

Last edited by Lawpiecla1 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lawpiecla1
Bleach Odyssey Player
Bleach Odyssey Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LetsPlayBOR on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:14 am

Lawpiecla1 wrote:1 - Its only an idea.
2 - That was basically saying by idea in its simplest form. :\

And i just wrote my opinion bout dat idea ^, which is pretty cool actually Razz
LetsPlayBOR
Bleach Odyssey Player
Bleach Odyssey Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ferin on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:39 am

I think that's a interesting idea...

If and when we ever come back up, I would say, pitch it. See if it sticks.
Ferin
Bleach Odyssey Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  10asd on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Nice idea. Though Kubo is a way above you as he already created Fullbringers, anyway this Humans your talking about are more focused on defensive power then rather then offensive powers. But is pretty simple and not has too much individuality. Anyway not the power makes it good but rather the diversity, you can be: a lawyer, a cop, a beggar (o_O) and anything else. Even with this small power ups the other races would still dominate Humans; it's a unwritten rule of Bleach. I appreciate your effort but I don't think is enough...

P.S It's just my opinion Cool
10asd
Bleach Odyssey Player
Bleach Odyssey Player

Race : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LetsPlayBOR on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:43 pm

Modified humans for the win~ while they can't prove power alone, with numbers even they could quarrel with atleast one powerful opponent.

3 modified humans RP lvl 10 - could take on 1 arrancar RP lvl 10.
1 on 1 would be a one-sided fight, 2 on 1 a slight chance.
LetsPlayBOR
Bleach Odyssey Player
Bleach Odyssey Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  10asd on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:05 pm

LetsPlayBOR wrote:Modified humans for the win~ while they can't prove power alone, with numbers even they could quarrel with atleast one powerful opponent.

3 modified humans RP lvl 10 - could take on 1 arrancar RP lvl 10.
1 on 1 would be a one-sided fight, 2 on 1 a slight chance.

Good point. It's like: Two Shinigami fight against a Arrancar, all of them RP lvl 15 and didn't release. It's clear the Shinigami have more power and more chances to win. But make use of common sense: Rank with or not RP boost, RP levels, RP skill and a little Tiers, count too. Anyway in case of Humans the story is different...their lack of power and organization make them the most unwanted race. They don't have Tier's nor Rank and RP levels don't really count. In my opinion, Humans are and will be always the most weak and unwtaned race in BO-R. The idea can still be used as a Event suggestion, like Humans Rebellion or something. Anyway this is my opinion, again.
10asd
Bleach Odyssey Player
Bleach Odyssey Player

Race : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top